Czech for foreigners
I can help you if
- you have come to the Czech Republic and would like to start learning Czech.
- you have been staying in the Czech Republic for a longer time and you still don´t understand Czech people very well.
- you speak and understand Czech well but you need to learn professional Czech language.
- you live in the Czech Republic, you speak and understand Czech well but people tell you have an accent and make mistakes.
- you study a Czech school and you need to improve your Czech.
- you need a preparation for an exam: exam for permanent stay, Czech citizenship, entrance exam to high school or university.
- you live abroad and you are going to travel to the Czech Republic (to study, to work, for a holiday…).
- you need a help with a particular situation, e.g. to write an application, a letter, to prepare yourself for a job interview etc.
- you are a company employing non-native Czech speakers and you would like to offer them a Czech language course.
What I teach and how
I teach Czech for foreigners. I’ve been teaching private lessons as well as for language schools. I´m experienced in groups and also one-to-one courses. Teaching various ability levels has given me the opportunity to use a wide range of teaching skills, always with respect for student´s needs. My education in pedagogy, interest in psychology and long experience in teaching allow me to help my students to develop their language skills efficiently.
I use a communication method of teaching. You learn to communicate in specific life situations (e.g. orientation, shopping, travelling etc.) – you are able to use necessary vocabulary, phrases, grammar and you will be familiar with Czech culture habits. You learn how to speak, write and understand Czech people.
If you need to know proffesional language we will also include it.
But the most important point is when, where and how you would like to use Czech. We together prepare a study plan for you according to this. Then your study will be as useful as possible.
I like using text books, e.g. Čeština expres (authors Lída Holá a Pavla Bořilová), Česky, prosím (Jitka Cvejnová) or Čeština pro cizince (Marie Boccou Kestřánková et al.). However, we choose a book which will be the most convenient for you. Or we work with other materials without a book.
I also use additional handouts which I prepare for you. This includes audios, videos, games, on-line materials, newspaper etc. From time to time we can practise what you have learned in real situations.
Lessons take place in your office, at home or somewhere else depends on our choice.
I teach Skype lessons as well.
45, 60 or 90minutes lessons are the most frequent. We can meet regularly for a longer time or we can have a specific number of lessons.
From the beggining we try to communicate in Czech. If neccesery, e.g. in a case of grammar explanation or at the very beggining of the learning, we can use English or Russian.
|Group||45min. lesson||60min. lesson||90min. lesson|
|1 student||400 CZK||550 CZK||700 CZK|
|2 students||300 CZK /1 student||400 CZK /1 student||500 CZK /1 student|
|3 and more students||250 CZK /1 student||300 CZK /1 student||350 CZK /1 student|
The price includes:
- language Course (teaching time)
- individual approach to each student and his/her needs
- additional handouts for each student
- entrance test for students (if necessary)
- my transport to the lesson (in Prague).
I offer a discount for pupils/students of primary/secondary schools and universities and for non-profit organizatiations. In a case of a long-term course we can manage an individual price.
Step by step from an order to the lesson
- You can order lessons by e-mail or via contact form on my website jitkapourova.cz.
- I can teach personally or via Skype. Personal teaching takes place at a pre-arranged location (your office, at home etc.).
- You pay for the books separately, they are not included in the course price.
- If you can not come to the lesson, you must let me know at least 24 hours before the lesson. If you cancel your lesson less than 24 hours in advance, you will have to pay for it.
- If I can not come to the lesson, I will let you know immediately and you will not pay for the lesson.
- We both respect time of the lesson. If you come late, we finish the lesson at the usual time. If I come late, I will compensate the time.
- You pay for the lesson a price which includes: teaching time, individual approach to you and your needs, additional handouts, entrance test (if necessary), my transport to the lesson (in Prague).
- You pay for the lesson via bank transfer or in cash according to the invoice.
- Skype lessons must be paid in advance via bank transfer.
- If you do not make the payment, I stop the course.
- I agree to observe discretion concerning all matters that you mention during the lessons, especially private or business matters.
Have a look
- how good my students are at Czech
- at pictures from some lessons
- at my handouts for students
- what my students and colleagues have said about me
- what is new on Facebook and blog.
Would you like to start?
Please send me a message. I will reply soon.